Hi I am Craig the PE teacher at the GFC School.
Exercise and fitness are vitally important as a young person develops. We make sure that our sports curriculum is challenging, inclusive, safe and fun so that students build confidence, understanding the importance of staying fit and healthy.
Sport develops team work and resilience as well as cultivating leadership skills and communication. Sport at the GFC school is:
- Challenging - Every student will have the opportunity to try their personal best.
- Inclusive - All students matter not just their ability.
- Safe - Every student has the right to feel safe in their lesson.
- Fun - Enjoyment is the heart of every PE lesson.
- Confidence - To make mistakes and know they will not be judged on them.
KS3/KS4 Core PE
Through the KS3 and KS4 curriculum the students will participate in sports such as:
- Table Tennis
- Outdoor Adventurous activities
In key stage 3, the students will be introduced to a range of sports building on basic skills and tactics. In key stage 4 they consolidate their learning in previous sports and move onto more advanced techniques developing coaching skills.
Students also have sessions in the club’s state-of-the-art gym with extensive equipment which is also used by the players themselves.
Students are assessed throughout the year.
- Practical Performance
- Fit 4 life
- Participation and attitude